British Hernia Society Research Grants 2023
The British Hernia Society invites applications for our 2023 round of Research Grants.
• We welcome applications for grants of up to £8,000 to support research into any aspect of hernia surgery
• The Society is a National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR) non-commercial partner. This provides grant recipients access to the NIHR Study Support Service, which helps researchers to plan, setup and deliver clinical research in England, provided their study meets NIHR Clinical Research Network eligibility criteria
• Grant recipients will have the opportunity to present their research at the British Hernia Society Conference in 2024
• Applications should be made using the attached form, and submitted by midnight on the 3rd December 2023
• Applicants should include a short CV
• Applications are invited by open competition, and awarded by high-quality peer review panel process
• The amount of funding and number of awards is at the discretion of the panel
• Applicants must be a member of the British Hernia Society. Registration is free via the British Hernia Society Website and is open to all health professionals.
• Research proposals must be of clear value to the NHS, social care or public health, and take appropriate account of the priorities, needs and realities of the NHS, social care or public health in making decisions about the research that they fund
• Research is defined as ‘the attempt to derive generalisable or transferable new knowledge to answer or refine relevant questions with scientifically sound methods’. This excludes: ‘audit; needs assessments; quality improvement and other local service evaluations. It also excludes routine banking of biological samples or data except where this activity is integral to a self-contained research project designed to test a clear hypothesis’.
For any further information pleas